The Hermantown School District #700 will hold a General Election for the purpose of electing three (3) school board members. These members will each serve a four-year term. The Election will be held in conjunction with the local Election at designated polling sites.
Interested individuals must complete the Affidavit of Candidacy as provided by the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State. Forms are available at the Hermantown School District Office located at 4307 Ugstad Road, Hermantown, MN 55811. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
The Filing Period for Candidates for School Board is August 2-16, 2022. There is a $2 filing fee.
- You are eligible to vote in Minnesota
- You have not filed for the same or any other office at the upcoming primary or general election (except as provided in M.S. 204B.06, subd. 1 (2))
- You are or will be age 21 assuming office
- You will have maintained residence in this district for at least 30 days prior to the general election
- You have not been convicted of an offense for which registration is required under M.S. 243.166
Questions may be referred to the School District Election Clerk at (218)729-9313 x6005, to St. Louis County Auditor, Nancy Nilson, at (218)726-2380 or visit the MN Secretary of State website www.sos.state.mn.us.