The Hermantown Elementary Summer School runs June 14-17 and June 21-24 from 8:30-11:30am daily. The focus for summer school will focus primarily on reading and math.
- If you requested transportation, your bus pick up and drop off times are listed on a letter sent home with your child on Wednesday, June 3.
Drop Off / Pick Up (East side of building - normal pick up/drop off location)
- Drop off at 8:30 a.m. if needing breakfast
- Drop off at 9 a.m. if NOT needing breakfast
- Pick up at 11:30 a.m.
Breakfast / Lunch
- Breakfast begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch will be a take-home bagged lunch
- Mrs. Larson and Mrs. Braun will be available during the first week of summer school.
- The school district has rescinded the mask policy as of June 11, 2021.
- Students and staff attending summer school will not have to wear a mask, unless they choose to do so.
- HOWEVER, the CDC is still requiring masks on public transportation, including school buses. Students riding the bus to and/or from summer school will need to wear a mask on the bus.
- Please continue to screen your child for symptoms and DO NOT send them if they are experiencing any symptoms.
- If your child tests positive during summer school, please let us know and DO NOT send them to school. The positive case will have to quarantine for the remainder of summer school.
- If there is a positive case in a class, a message will be sent to all parents in the class and close contacts will be identified. This applies to the bus, as well.
- We will continue to keep students in groups and distanced as best we can to reduce the likelihood of anyone being a close contact.
- This continues to be the guidance from the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health until at least June 30, 2021.
- We will continue to clean hard surfaces and encourage students to wash their hands.
Click here for full COVID-19 Plan
Questions? Call the Elementary School at 218-729-6891