Using Peachjar to Distribute Flyers for Your Organization
The District has contracted with Peachjar and starting January 22, 2019, Hermantown Community Schools will begin sending digital flyers directly to parents. Peachjar provides an innovative flyer management system that sends school-approved digital flyers directly to parents' inboxes and posts them on the schools’ websites. Now parents can easily find and view flyers and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. Peachjar charges a fee for this service. Paper flyers will no longer be distributed.
Upon launch, you may register with Peachjar as a "Program Provider" and upload your flyer for distribution to your desired school(s). In your Peachjar account, you will be able to upload your flyer and add call-to-action buttons such as “Call” and “Sign Up Now” for parents to interact directly with your flyer. In your account, you will also have the ability to view flyer metrics to monitor your flyer campaigns!
After your flyer has been submitted through Peachjar, it will be routed automatically to the school district office for approval, then emailed as a visually engaging, full-color image to all parents who have their email address on file at the district.
Hermantown Community School District
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format and smaller than 6 MB.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Flyers can have multiple pages, and you will only be charged for one flyer.
Peachjar will automatically add the following disclaimer
Advertising within Hermantown Community Schools and offices is to inform and educate the public, as well as create awareness of educational programs, services, issues, events and community activities of specific interest or benefit to the school community which include staff, students, and parents/guardians. Hermantown Community Schools supports the efforts of Learning Sites in facilitating communication between community groups, government agencies, and appropriate commercial enterprises and to its school community. The District recognizes that it has the responsibility to protect students from the influence of inappropriate levels of commercial and/or political advertising. The District reserves the right to approve or deny approval for the distribution to students of any advertising, announcement, information, literature, or materials as it may deem appropriate.
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.