Hermantown Board of Education
The Hermantown Board of Education is dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence through community involvement and innovative programs. Although we are a small school district, serving just over 2,000 students, a comprehensive educational program is offered to all students, while preserving the benefit of a small-school setting.
We have four facilities which include a K-4 elementary school, a 5-8 middle school, a 9-12 high school, and an early childhood/family education center. Here our E -12 student population enjoys a quality education based on Minnesota's exemplary standards with opportunities for advanced study through our "College in the Schools" program.
- Ensure the highest quality education for all.
- To set a reasonable structure in which the community, the students, the staff and the administration of ISD #700 can work together for a quality educational experience.
- Listen, seek to understand, and support the educational needs of our students, teachers, leaders, parents, and community members.
- Support and guide the school district to operate in a fiscally responsible manner that aligns with the needs of our students and teachers.
- Support decisions that help to make a positive, long-lasting connection with our students, families and teachers.
The Board of Education strives to ensure the policies and procedures of the District are fair, equitable, and follow all state and federal regulations. The Board is committed to working with the administrative team to provide long-term educational goals that will improve outcomes for all students.