FREE SCHOOL MEALS FOR ANY CHILD AGE 18 AND UNDER REGARDLESS OF YOUR FINANCIAL NEED EXTENDED THROUGH MAY 2021.
The Hermantown School District invites you to take advantage of the free school meals program currently being offered by the USDA and funded by the Federal Government. All children ages 18 and under are eligible to receive free school meals. Hermantown will also be offering a breakfast program starting January 4th, thus we will be able to provide a free breakfast and lunch for each of our students daily.
WHY YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
- Free meals will help to decrease your grocery budget.
- Free meals can reduce the stress of meal preparation and save you time.
- Picking up or eating free meals greatly supports the school food service program.
- The food service program’s revenue source is the serving of meals to students and staff. More meals served or sent home means more funding which is vital to the food service program.
- Ensures the whole school community has access to nutritious meals.
- More funding means we can serve more students.
MEAL INFORMATION FOR FULL-TIME DISTANT LEARNERS:
Meal distribution will not change; if you are already signed up you are ready to pick up meals. Pick up is Tuesday’s when school is in session between 7:45 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. If this time does not work for you or you would like to be added to our list please call Penny Shaw, Food Service Clerk at 218-626-6021 or email email@example.com to make arrangements.
MEAL INFORMATION FOR HYBRID STUDENTS:
Meal distribution will not change; if you are already signed up you are ready to pick up meals. Pick up is Wednesday’s when school is in session between 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. If this time does not work for you or you would like to be added to our list please call Penny Shaw, Food Service Clerk at 218-626-6021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
When hybrid students are back in school, the meal distribution will switch to being sent home with students at the end of the day.