Enrolling your child in a school that is outside of your immediate community is a very difficult decision, and the staff and students of Hermantown Community Schools will make concerted efforts to assure your child a rewarding transition.
Our early childhood
program provides services, classes and support for families with children from birth to kindergarten at our Hermantown Area Family Resource Center located on the Miller Trunk Highway. Directions
Our elementary school employs inviting curriculum and an educational teaching staff that knows and understands the importance of healthy social, emotional, and educational standards.
Our middle school is regionally recognized for an educational model that provides multiple opportunities to try new and interesting offerings at each grade level as well as consistent instruction in core classes.
Our high school students experience a wide range of challenging options available in a school that is large enough to maintain rigorous programs while encouraging opportunities for individual leadership and faculty-student mentoring made possible in a smaller, campus setting.
Hermantown Community Schools Student Registration Process
Student registration begins at the Administration Office located at 4307 Ugstad Rd.
First, call the District's Administrative Assistant to set up an appointment (626-6005)
Please bring the required documents with you to register.
In order for a student to begin their first day of school in the Hermantown School District, the following policy related to registration procedures must be follwed and verified.
1. VERIFICATION OF RESIDENCY: (Please choose one most applicable)
· Property Tax statement, stating that parent with whom student is living is homesteading at the address given. (A business address does not qualify for resident status.)
· Signed statement from landlord or copy of signed lease if renting.
· Purchase agreement with bank or contractor financing the home.
· If residing in housing provided by the Federal Corrections facility, the identified official with authority will provide a letter on their stationery, verifying residency.
2. LEGAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE or PASSPORT
· A legal birth certificate originates at the county court house of the city in which your child was born.
· A current passport may be presented in lieu of a birth certificate.
The parent/guardian will be required to verify information to complete the Census Data Form at the Administration Office. Upon completion
of this form, the parent/guardian will conclude the enrollment process at the school site office.
*Extenuating circumstances will be evaluated and determined at the discretion of the Superintendent.